The Offside Daily: Mourinho subject to legal claim by former Chelsea doctor, Allardyce’s Sunderland anger and Pelle’s epic Haka.
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is to be the subject of an individual legal claim from former club doctor Eva Carneiro, according to a report by the Press Association.
2. On the pitch at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea players are giving 100% for their manager Jose Mourinho, midfielder John Obi Mikel has stated, saying that the current Premier League Champions just need a bit of luck to turn their season around.
3. Former Lyon manager Remi Garde is expected to be announced as Aston Villa’s new manager after his current employer, French broadcaster Canal+, said last night that the Frenchman would be taking over at the Midlands club.
4. Sam Allardyce bemoaned his side’s lack of tactical discipline after Sunderland were torn apart in the second half against Everton in a 6-2 defeat, saying The Black Cats should have sat back after equalising at 2-2 instead of chasing a winner.
5. With less than nine months left on his current contract, Pep Guardiola is on the verge of snubbing Premier League interest to sign a new contract with Bayern Munich, according to reports in Spain.
6. After doubling his side’s lead in their match with Bournemouth on Sunday, Southampton’s Graziano Pelle celebrated his efforts in top class style – could he have a career with the All Blacks with moves like this? (HITC)
7. After a young fan had his hero’s match-worn shirt stolen after that game, Bournemouth’s Adam Smith has made the lad’s day with this great gesture (BBC).
8. Ever wanted to give a press conference before you play your mates on FIFA? These guys have done just that! (The Metro)
9. After getting off to an incredible start in the MLS, Didier Drogba has gotten himself into mischief again with this crazy decision (Joe.co.uk).
10. And finally, this is what Barcelona got up to on Halloween (ESPN).
Leave a Reply