1. Real Madrid and France striker Karim Benzema has been arrested by police investigating an alleged plot to blackmail fellow international Mathieu Valbuena over a sex tape.
2. Paris St Germain winger Angel di Maria felt his side were 10 times better than Real Madrid in their 1-0 defeat at the Bernabeu, as Rafael Benitez’s men secured their passage to the next round of the competition.
3. Manchester United winger Ashley Young’s dive during the 1-0 Champions League victory over CSKA Moscow has been branded ’embarrassing’ by club legend Paul Scholes.
4. Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini hailed his side’s dominant display after they qualified for the Champions League last 16 with an emphatic 3-1 win at Sevilla.
5. Florentino Perez confronted Cristiano Ronaldo about comments made over a Real Madrid exit prior to the Champions League game against Paris Saint-Germain.
6. The last thing from the Bernabeu, I promise, but check out the inventive new way one major outlet summarised the game (Eurosport).
7. Chris Smalling? Michael Smalling? Louis van Gaal is at it again! (MEN)
8. How about this incredible story from an FC Basel fan who finally returned home after 11 years (ESPN).
9. On the eve of Arsenal and Bayern Munich squaring off this evening, north London rivals Tottenham Hotspur have gotten in on the act with a bit of Bavarian banter (HITC).
10. Twitter’s latest decision to change their ‘favourite’ feature to a heart has struck a chord in the SPL (The Metro).