The Offside Daily: Dutch legend compares Chelsea to Tiger Woods, Neymar insists wondergoal wasn’t a fluke and Real Madrid star’s incredible passion for El Clasico
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Ruud Gullit has compared Chelsea’s fall from grace to Tiger Woods’ fall from the top of the world of golf, saying Chelsea have ‘lost that aura of invincibility’ and that their players can sense the opposition are not afraid of them any more.
2. Ahead of the international window, England will be breathing a sigh of relief as France and Spain have both suffered key withdrawals from their squads with Mamadou Sakho withdrawing for the French and Sergio Ramos and Juanfran dropping out for the Spaniards.
3. Harry Kane feels Tottenham’s unbeaten run in the Premier League shows they are ready to compete with the big teams at the top end of the table after side a very spirited and energetic Tottenham Hotspur side were unlucky to only walk away with a point from their match against Arsenal yesterday.
4. After channelling compatriot Ronaldinho, flicking the ball over a defender with his back to goal before volleying past the opposition goalkeeper, Neymar has said that his amazing goal versus Villarreal on Sunday was no fluke.
5. Swansea City boss Garry Monk is set to be given time to turn the club’s season around after two national newspapers reported that Huw Jenkins and the club’s board are ready to sack the manager after a run that has seen them yield only five points from a possible 24.
6. Who’d want to be a pitch invader? Not many of us at best, I’d imagine, but even less of us after what this Shaktar Donetsk keeper did to one guy who tried his luck recently (DreamTeamFC).
7. Of all the sensations that might overcome someone during a big game, Sergio Ramos has spoken of quite an unusual one ahead of El Clasico (Bleacher Report).
8. Chelsea’s plethora of loanees have found an interesting way to keep in touch with each other despite the fact that they’re spread out all over Europe (The Evening Standard).
9. We’ve all seen some stupid half-and-half shirts but this one takes the biscuit here (CBS Sports).
10. There has been some talk in recent times regarding the quality of Serie A as a league, but we think they’ve got some pretty wicked changing rooms – check out Roma’s effort here (The Daily Mirror).
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!
Leave a Reply