The Offside Daily: Acting UEFA President avoids sanctions, Hodgson admits he’s been lucky and Ashley Cole’s photo drama.
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Acting head of UEFA Angel Villar Llona has escaped a ban for not co-operating with investigations into the World Cup bids.
2. Roy Hodgson has suggested he is luckier than former England Rugby boss Stuart Lancaster by keeping his job despite a disastrous World Cup in Brazil.
3. Former Trinidad and Tobago player David Nakhid is unhappy with FIFA’s decision to disqualify him as a presidential candidate and will lodge an appeal.
4. England Manager Roy Hodgson is devastated by the passing of goalkeeper Marton Fulop who he worked with at West Brom.
5. Tomorrow will see an incredible line up at Old Trafford as David Beckham’s GB and Ireland team take on a selection of the World’s best in support of Unicef.
6. What do inactive footballers do on the International break? Well John Terry is taking in a bit of culture at the Royal Opera House. (Instagram)
7. Ashley Cole appears to be frozen out at AS Roma as the club have started cropping him out of pictures. (The Metro)
8. It appears that Patrice Evra is allergic to Eggs, despite eating them all the time in Manchester. (The BBC)
9. An unofficial study by fanchants.co.uk has shown that Liverpool have the most chants against them from opposition fans. (Joe.co.uk)
10. Cristiano Ronaldo is enjoying life on and off the pitch but has refused to reveal the identity of his son’s mother. (The Daily Mail)
By Julian Myles
Leave a Reply