Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Several of France’s best players wanted Tuesday night’s friendly match against England at Wembley to be called off, according to a report in The Times.
2. Legendary French striker Just Fontaine has said that his home nation can no longer host Euro 2016 amid fears that horrific events of Friday 13th could be repeated in the future.
3. Lionel Messi has continued training with Barcelona B as he recovers from injury, with the aim being for the Argentine superstar to make a first-team return against Real Madrid in El Clasico.
4. Former Barcelona captain Xavi has admitted that he initially thought that former manager Louis van Gaal was an idiot, but changed his mind after just a few days of working with him.
5. Amid claims that his vision to improve the youth structure at Ajax isn’t being observed, Johan Cruyff is rumoured to be edging closer to cutting his ties with the Dutch club after acting as an advisor to the club for a number of years.
6. After starring in David Beckham’s UNICEF match, Paul Scholes has been lavished with praise by football fans everywhere – some even go so far as to say he’s better than the entire Manchester United midfield (TalkSport).
7. On this day thirteen years ago, this happened! (The Premier League)
8. Has there ever been a more aptly named football stand than the Waterworks stand, following the effect the weather has had on Carlisle United’s pitch? (The Daily Record)
9. You know when you have your Christmas tree spot on, then someone comes and ruins it? That’s what is going on with Borussia Dortmund and Schalke at the moment! (ESPN)
10. Finally, it is nice to see a penalty taker decided on in a fair and amicable way … (The Metro).