Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. England manager Roy Hodgson has called for togetherness ahead of his side’s friendly with France this evening, asking that the fans show the respect he expects every single one of them to show.
2. David Moyes has expressed his disappointment at being sacked by Real Sociedad last week, saying he felt confident of the club ending up in a ‘strong position’ in the league this season, whilst adding he turned down a number of other jobs in recent months.
3. Following their qualification for Euro 2016 via the playoffs, Republic of Ireland manager Martin O’Neill has heaped praise towards his assistant manager Roy Keane and added that he would like his side to emulate the country’s glory days under Jack Charlton and Mick McCarthy’s leadership.
4. Manchester United’s latest youth prospect Jesse Lingard has revealed that he turned down the chance to join arch-rivals Liverpool at the age of seven in order to join Manchester United.
5. Arsenal are again struggling with injuries as it looks likely Alexis Sanchez will miss the club’s next game against West Bromwich Albion, having suffered a calf injury on international duty that could keep him out of both Chile and Arsenal’s next games.
6. We all saw at the Men’s FIFA World Cup in 2014, how fun a bunch the Colombians were, but here’s another glimpse of how skilful and excitable they are too! (ESPN)
7. I’ve never seen a commentator sent off before – might this become a thing if some of our current crop of pundits aren’t up to scratch? It worked in Costa Rica apparently … (SportsJOE).
8. It’s gone under the radar slightly but Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini has sent Gunners fans wild, not because of his play but because of this. Maybe Wenger can afford Messi after all! (The Independent)
9. A fancy dress costume we thought we’d never see, right here (The Metro).
10. Having got a goal against Wales last week, Bas Dost is now scoring absolutely worldies in training – check this one out! (Eurosport)