1. Steven Gerrard that he will not be returning to Liverpool or any other club in January as he intends to rest ahead of next season’s MLS.
2. Ronaldinho has heaped praise on Barcelona and Brazil superstar Neymar, saying the winger would be a huge success if he moved to the Premier League and is the best player in the world.
3. David Moyes has warned that his former club Manchester United will have to wait a while longer for a return to the glory days.
4. Ahead of the first El Clasico in 15 years where neither Iker Casillas nor Xavi will feature, Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has hailed Xavi as “the symbol of the club” and does not think it is possible for him to replace the legendary playmaker.
5. Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny has been “deeply affected” by the Paris attacks and might not be in the right frame of mind to play this weekend, manager Arsene Wenger has said.
6. At the Football Blogging Awards, where we won Best Football Podcast (just getting that mention in there), John Barnes broke out those old rapping skills of his – check it out here (The Liverpool Echo).
7. It turns out Chelsea are becoming the most popular Soap Opera on the BBC, after it was revealed they have topped the Match of the Day running order the most often this season (BBC).
8. How things have changed for Freddy Adu. From the next big thing in football, to this (Bleacher Report).
9. In Non-League football, there’s always a running joke about the conditions – ‘Don’t worry lads, we’ve got the wind behind us in the second half’ and what have you – but now we can see what advantage that actually gives you with this bizarre own goal (ESPN).
10. Finishing on a positive note, a great gesture from Paddy Kenny as he cancelled his contract with Bury to save them having to pay him whilst he was injured (Belfast Telegraph).