Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Real Madrid are in turmoil, following their 4-0 defeat to Barcelona on Saturday, as a major announcement is expected to be made this evening with the club calling a press conference. Cristiano Ronaldo is reported to have issued an ultimatum, forcing the club to choose between him and manager Rafael Benitez – surely Benitez’s future will be discussed to some extent this evening.
2. Manchester City’s French right-back Bacary Sagna says he shouldn’t have played in his sides 4-1 home hammering to Liverpool, as he admitted to struggling to come to terms with the horrific events that unfolded in Paris recently.
3. Robin Van Persie is set to return to Feyenoord, the club where he began his career. A move would end the 32-year-old Dutchman’s stuttering stint at Turkish giants Fenerbache, which has seen him mainly feature as an unused substitute.
4. Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish claims The Eagles have ‘the biggest potential of any single football club in the country’ as he prepares to sell a 36% stake to American investors – trying to drive up the price a bit?
5. Southampton have been warned by the Football Association about the future conduct of fans at St Mary’s Stadium, following a recent incident in which a flare was thrown on to the pitch in their match against Bournemouth, with the issue also being considered by the police.
6. Nobody can say Liverpool fans don’t have a sense of humour. After beating them 4-1 some mischievous fans changed Manchester City’s Wikipedia entry to show that the Etihad Stadium is owned by Jurgen Klopp (The Guardian).
7. Anthony Martial’s wife Samantha was left red-faced, after mistaking Arsenal’s Emirates stadium for Old Trafford in an Instagram post, supporting her husband and his team mates (The Daily Mail).
8. A Leicester City fan decided to get an interesting tattoo, paying tribute to Foxes striker Jamie Vardy for equalling Ruud van Nistelrooy’s record of scoring in 10 consecutive Premier League games. Most people just get names on the back of their shirts, but whatever floats your boat (The Metro).
9. Chelsea captain John Terry decided to celebrate his team’s 1-0 win over Norwich by posting a picture of himself in a Jacuzzi on a freezing cold Sunday morning, for reasons best known to himself (Joe.co.uk).
10. And finally, Xabi Alonso defied the laws of physics to score from a seemingly impossible angle in Bayern Munich training – check this one out (ESPN).
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!