Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Manchester United winger Jesse Lingard has been compared to Barcelona legend Andres Iniesta by Rene Meulensteen, the club’s former assistant manager.
2. Clarence Seedorf has jumped to the defence of Real Madrid manager Rafael Benitez, saying the Spaniard needs time, but also suggested that the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti was a mistake.
3. Following overwhelming approval from former Liverpool centre-back Jamie Carragher on Monday Night Football, club legend John Aldridge has also backer Jurgen Klopp, labelling the German as an ‘exceptional manager.’
4. Having scored a wonder-goal against The Catalans in the Champions League earlier in the season, Alessandro Florenzi admits it is an honour to now be linked with Barcelona, having impressed on a number of occasions this season.
5. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger insists that his side would take the Europa League very seriously, if they dropped out of the Champions League, although a European exit would benefit the Gunners in their league campaign.
6. I’m not sure Barcelona know how to stop producing top talent – check out the Tekkers on some of these youth players (Eurosport).
7. When you’re Gareth Bale, I guess you can afford to build all sorts of audacious things in your back garden, even a golf course (Wales Online).
8. Meeting your idols can bring you to tears, of course, but seeing their car fly past you? Perhaps! (ESPN)
9. Forget the hairdryer treatment, Sir Alex Ferguson used to dish out the T. S. Eliot Treatment apparently … (Who Ate All The Pies).
10. Finally, Klopp’s learning of the English language seems to be going very well, especially since he had a helping hand from some young Liverpool lads (Twitter).