Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Amidst a huge injury crisis at the club, some raised eyebrows at Arsene Wenger’s insistence on leaving Alexis Sanchez on the field of play as Arsenal ran out 3-0 victors over Dinamo Zagreb last night, but the Frenchman’s reason for not resting his star was that ‘a break makes him tired’.
2. According to the gossip columns, PSG are set to offer Cristiano Ronaldo an insane wage packet of £250,000 a week after tax (which is the equivalent to £500,000 a week in the UK, given France’s super-tax) in order to convince the Portuguese to join the club.
3. Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said that he and Diego Costa have made up with ‘kisses and cuddles’ following their halftime row during Tuesday’s 4-0 win over Macabi Tel Aviv.
4. Roma goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny had a busy night of picking the ball out of the net against Barcelona yesterday, but confessed that he enjoyed watching the standard of football that Barcelona offered at the Camp Nou on the way to a 6-1 victory.
5. Everton’s young star, Gerard Deulofeu has revealed he sees his long-term future at Goodison Park, despite having a buy-back clause in the Spaniard’s Everton contract.
6. Former Dutch star Ruud van Nistelrooy has jumped to the defence of his compatriot Memphis Depay, saying that the tricky winger can replicate the other great number sevens that have played for Manchester United (Sky Sports).
7. Luis Suarez scored an absolutely beautiful volley last night as Barcelona routed Roma – in case you couldn’t get enough of his effort, here’s some excellent slow-motion footage of the goal caught by a fan (Bleacher Report).
8. Ahead of Zlatan’s return to Malmo, his former club have gone out of their way to make sure the Swedish legend is very much at home upon his return (ESPN).
9. Ryan Giggs has named his Manchester United One2Eleven – some surprise omissions here, or a pretty solid line-up? (Eurosport)
10. We’re not condoning betting at all, but this one punter got exceptionally lucky when his 25p bet netted him a five-figure sum (Joe.co.uk)