Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar have been named on FIFA’s final three-man shortlist for the Ballon d’Or.
2. Following Nuno’s resignation after Valencia’s 1-0 loss to Sevilla over the weekend, Phil Neville is reportedly expected to take charge of first-team affairs at the club for the foreseeable future.
3. Steve McClaren hopes Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley will back him as much as necessary, so that he can command the dressing-room respect that will be required for the club to survive their relegation battle.
4. Pep Guardiola has dropped a major hint regarding his future, alluding to the fact that he may stay at Bayern Munich, confessing that he and his family have settled very well in the city.
5. Having said resting Alexis Sanchez only makes him tired, Arsene Wenger must be kicking himself right now as the Chilean, as well as Laurent Koscielny and Santi Cazorla, have all succumbed to injury.
6. Wenger lost another battle on Sunday with an old foe … (ESPN).
7. Crystal Palace continued their weekend’s celebrations after drubbing Newcastle 5-1 with this fancy dress party (Daily Mail).
8. One fan is being hailed as a soothsayer after predicting Jamie Vardy’s meteoric rise (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. Check out these tekkers from this 90-year-old football gran! (Huffington Post)
10. Finally, let’s finish with these skills from Neymar, in celebration of his nomination for FIFA Ballon d’Or (Bleacher Report)