Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Gary Neville has been named Valencia head coach until the end of the season in a surprising appointment that will see the former Manchester United full-back reunite with his brother, Phil, who is a coach at the club.
2. Alberto Moreno’s agent has claimed that the Liverpool left-back would be very keen on a move to Real Madrid, according to quotes he supposedly gave to a Spanish radio station.
3. It must be a trend for today – people with an affiliation to Liverpool being connected to Real Madrid – as Diego Lopez revealed it is Mario Balotelli’s dream to play for Real Madrid.
4. Manchester City still trail their cross-city rivals Manchester united in the European Football rich list, according to a report in today’s newspapers, despite the club’s owners recently selling a 13% stake in the club for over £250m.
5. Queens Park Rangers have been given permission by Burton to speak to their manager, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, regarding the currently vacant managerial position at Loftus Road.
6. Anthony Stokes has been suspended for two weeks by Celtic, following his Twitter outburst over the weekend before the team’s game in Inverness (The Guardian).
7. Jurgen Klopp’s press conferences have been the stuff of legend since he became Liverpool manager, but he was quite foul-mouthed recently when recalling the Crystal Palace defeat (You’ve been warned) … (The Metro).
8. In light of Gary Neville’s impending departure from Monday Night Football, leaving Jamie Carragher on his tod, the Liverpool legend responded with one last bit of banter for his analytical comrade on the show (The Liverpool Echo).
9. Having mentioned two great defenders there, check this out – the strangest tackle you’re ever likely to see! (ESPN)
10. It seems the happiness seems to be returning to Stamford Bridge, as Cesar Azpilicueta was the victim of this great prank earlier today (Bleacher Report)