Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. FIFA is expected to expand the World Cup to 40 teams as part of a reform package – but a final decision has been postponed.
2. Yet more reports seem to be emanating from Old Trafford of dressing room unrest, as a new report featured in The Daily Mail claims Manchester United players have become disillusioned by the amount of meetings they have to go through before games.
3. After the English striker’s exploits against Southampton last night, Jurgen Klopp admits he now understands the hype surrounding Daniel Sturridge, after the forward notched a brace in Liverpool’s 6-1 annihilation of The Saints last night.
4. Law enforcement officials arrested two more FIFA officials in the early hours of this morning, as part of the ongoing investigation into the inner-workings of the game’s governing body.
5. Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema has spoken up about his role in the controversy that surrounds French football and Mathieu Valbuena – the forward is adamant that he has been accused without proof, and that he is not guilty.
6. Following the threat of expulsion from the Copa Del Rey facing Real Madrid after they fielded an ineligible player against Cadiz last night, Barcelona’s Gerard Pique’s Twitter reaction to the news has gone viral (Dream Team FC).
7. Leeds United fans plan to stage a mass walk-out at Elland Road during this weekend’s home game against Hull in protest against the ‘pie tax’ added to the price of tickets in the stadium’s south stand (Yorkshire Evening Post).
8. After featuring in a Turkish Airlines commercial together previously, Lionel Messi and Basketball legend Kobe Bryant clearly have a working relationship, so much so that the Argentine posted this message to social media in the wake of Bryant announcing his retirement recently (Bleacher Report).
9. What a fall from grace, former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby now earns less than £2,000 a week as he continues to struggle for fitness in France (Eurosport).
10. Finally, what a weird story to end today’s Daily with. Fancy getting a tattoo of your own face on your stomach! (ESPN)