Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1) West Ham’s Diafra Sakho will face up to 2 months on the sidelines after injuring his thigh in the game v West Brom.
2) US officials have charged 16 more members of FIFA’s governing body after initial arrests in Zurich.
3) Marcos Rojo will face a spell on the treatment table after dislocating his shoulder in training with Manchester United.
4) Steve McClaren has suggested that nobody is happy at Newcastle at the moment.
5) Blackburn Rovers have had their transfer ban for breaching financial fair play rules lifted by the FA.
6) After 50 goals in 28 games it appears non-league player Ashley Flynn may be due a step up from the tenth tier of English football. (BBC)
7) Jurgen Klopp has already amassed a lot of fans in the UK since moving to Liverpool and Joey Barton is definitely one of them after tweeting that he is impressed by the Manager so far. (Twitter)
8) No player likes getting substituted but this player for Panama took the move the wrong way and got into an altercation with his manager. (Evening Standard)
9) We’ve all seen players diving but this was a different situation. A linesman has feigned injury in Chile which resulted in the sending off of a player. (The Metro)
10) A Sunderland fan got the better of Newcastle boss Steve McClaren after posting this picture online. (101 Great Goals)
By Julian Myles