Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Sir Alex Ferguson has defended his former rival Jose Mourinho, in light of some media reports saying that the Portuguese has a week to save his job, by saying Chelsea would be foolish to sack their manager.
2. Ahead of a crunch game against Wolfsburg in the Champions League, Manchester United will be without their captain, Wayne Rooney, and key player Morgan Schneiderlin – leaving the club with just one recognised striker.
3. On top of this, Bastian Schweinsteiger seemingly agrees with Paul Scholes’ criticism of the Old Trafford club’s forwards, saying ‘if you miss a chance, you have to look unhappy not to score … its about attitude.’
4. Amidst many bookmakers having suspended betting on the Swansea City manager getting sacked, Garry Monk has insisted he will keep on fighting to turn things around, with Brendan Rodgers rumoured to be lined up to replace Monk should he be relieved of his duties.
5. Steve McClaren has labelled Newcaslte United’s win over Liverpool yesterday as the club’s light-bulb moment, after admitting that he considered dropping every single one of his players from the starting line-up before the game.
6. Check out this hideous goalkeeping error that cost one team a goal just 30 seconds into the MLS Cup final recently (USA Today)
7. Move over Neymar! Nacho Monreal has been strutting his silky skills (yes, you read that right!) in his kitchen with an orange (The Evening Standard).
8. Not only was Joe Hart the victim of some suspect defending by his team on the weekend, but the Stoke City fans also had a jibe at the goalkeeper with this humorous chant (YouTube).
9. Talk about trying to claim any advantage! Augsburg’s goalkeeper has apologised for the way he tried to gain an edge when faced with a penalty kick over the weekend (The Guardian).
10. Finally, what a wonderful gesture by Carlisle United FC after the horrendous effects the weather has had on the area in recent days (BBC Sport).