Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Having picked up just one win from their last 11 outings, Swansea City have ‘reluctantly’ parted company with their manager, Garry Monk after a period of intense speculation regarding the manager’s future.
2. Louis van Gaal has admitted he cannot defend himself, having come in for more criticism following Manchester United’s Champions League exit at the hand of Wolfsburg last night.
3. In a somewhat unexpected move, perhaps driven by the forward’s exploits against Malmo yesterday evening, Cristiano Ronaldo said he cannot understand why the fans are unhappy with manager Rafa Benitez, adding that the Spaniard has done a good job.
4. Ahead of Chelsea’s clash with Porto at Stamford Bridge tonight, Thibaut Courtois has become the latest Chelsea player to jump to the defence of his manager Jose Mourinho, saying all of the players still have confidence in him.
5. A report in the German newspaper Bild states that Liverpool have a 60 per cent chance of signing Borussia Dortmund’s Neven Subotic in January, according to a report.
6. Sticking with Liverpool for a second, Twitter has exploded after a seemingly inevitable injury was confirmed for the Merseyside club (The Daily Star).
7. Manchester City’s stars have had a little Christmas get-together to read out some mean tweets written about themselves (Goal.com).
8. Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes reacted humorously last night to certain suggestions from Gary Lineker (YouTube).
9. Presumably having learnt their lesson from the Yaya Toure fiasco last season, Manchester City provided Raheem Sterling with this Birthday gift (ESPN).
10. Finally, with the Euro 2016 draw coming up on Saturday, check out how which group you’re drawn into has now become even more significant (Joe.co.uk)