The Offside Daily: Manchester United star handed ban, Leicester City winger denies title credentials and Manchester City man’s interesting choice of cars.
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1) Bastian Schweinsteiger has been handed a three-game suspension following his actions during the match against West Ham last weekend.
2) Ex-Swansea City manager Garry Monk completely believes that he would have been able to turn fortunes around at the club, if he was given a chance.
3) AFC Wimbledon’s return to Plough Lane has been approved by planners at Merton Borough Council.
4) Real Madrid have taken their Copa Del Rey ban to the Court of Arbitration in an attempt to get the ruling overturned, having seen their initial appeal rejected.
5) Bolton Wanderers have been given a winding-up petition after failing to pay up to £600k in taxes.
6) Leicester City’s Riyad Mahrez has stated that the club cannot win the Premier League, despite their current position at the top of the table. (The Star Online)
7) It goes from bad to worse for Manchester United players. Not only are they out of the Champions League, but they now have to abandon plans for a Christmas Party due to poor form. (The Daily Mirror)
8) Mike Ashley’s involvement with Rangers Football Club saw him make this strange move recently. (BBC)
9) Spanish 3rd division side Cultural Leonesa have unveiled their latest kit, which has a very similar resemblance to formal attire. (Twitter)
10) Despite his incredible earnings and star status, Raheem Sterling has been seen driving around in a fairly modest matt black Smart Car costing around £12k. (The Daily Mail)
By Julian Myles
Leave a Reply