The Offside Daily: Mixed fixtures for Arsenal & Manchester City, what Liverpool’s manager enjoyed with his ‘whole body’ and an unusual Euro 2016 petition
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. UEFA’s English contingent learned their European fate today as Arsenal were drawn to play Barcelona, Manchester City will face Dynamo Kiev and Chelsea will face PSG in the Champions League, whereas Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur will face FC Midtjylland, Augsburg and Fiorentina respectively in the Europa League.
2. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has admitted that the club’s last-gasp draw at home to West Brom on the weekend felt more like a win, adding that he enjoyed the atmosphere with his ‘whole body’.
3. Manchester City fans have expressed their frustration after learning they won’t be able to attend the away leg of their Champions League tie against Dynamo Kiev.
4. Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has admitted that he is worried about the progress the club’s North London rivals, Tottenham Hotspur, have made under the tutelage of Mauricio Pochettino.
5. Swiss Authorities are reviewing 133 reports of suspicious financial activity linked to the decisions by FIFA to let Russia and Qatar host the 2018 and 2022 World Cup tournaments, according to reports in the press today.
6. Having equalled the Premier League clean-sheet record, Petr Cech was awarded with an interesting prize from his wife (WhoAteAllThePies).
7. If David Luiz ever gets bored of football then he may have a career in medicine as he believes he’s found a cure for baldness (Bleacher Report).
8. Borussia Dortmund proved once again that their fans are some of the best in the world, as they did this at the last home game before the Bundesliga’s winter break (The Independent).
9. Apparently even the best footballers ever can struggle with in-flight hospitality, as this Ballon d’Or winner found out when he tried on the pyjamas supplied to him (ESPN).
Leave a Reply