Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Chelsea are reportedly considering the interim appointment of former Tottenham Hotspur manager Juande Ramos if they do sack Jose Mourinho, according to reports in The Times today.
2. Reports in Marca claim that Catalan boss Pep Guardiola has told Bayern Munich he will leave the club in the summer, with Carlo Ancelotti set to replace him.
3. Riyad Mahrez has boosted Leicester City’s prospects of maintaining their position at the top of the Premier League as he has stated that he won’t be leaving the club in January.
4. Cesc Fabregas has slammed the attitude and behaviour of his Chelsea teammates in the wake of the club’s 2-1 defeat to Leicester City on Monday night.
5. Rafael Benitez still has the support of Real Madrid President Florentino Perez according to his agent, despite claims to the contrary from Spanish newspaper AS.
6. Continuing the seemingly Spanish theme of these stories so far, check out Xabi Alonso’s latest wonder-goal as he struck the winner for Bayern Munich in the German Cup last night (talkSPORT).
7. Check out Isco’s reaction to seeing his teammate Toni Kroos still on the bench, as the game slipped away from Real Madrid against Villarreal on the weekend (YouTube).
8. What football is all about – River Plate fans and players celebrate their victory in the Club World Cup with a great show of passion (Facebook).
9. Could this be the new craze? Arsenal stars have taken on the ‘Pie Face Challenge’ with some junior gunners (Talking Baws).
10. And for today’s final dose of the weird and wonderful side of football, you can decide which section this bit of news falls into, as a very unusual host for the FIFA Ballon d’Or ceremony has been chosen (The Telegraph).