Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. With the Champions lingering only a point above the Premier League relegation zone, Chelsea and Jose Mourinho have parted ways by Mutual Consent, after the club met on Tuesday to discuss the Portuguese manager’s future.
2. As per usual, a plethora of managerial talent has been linked to the vacant hot-seat at Stamford Bridge, ranging from Guus Hiddink to Fabio Capello, but the Dutchman is considered the favourite by many.
3. Amidst talk of another impending managerial departure at Old Trafford, David De Gea has insisted that the dressing room is ‘very together’, praising the atmosphere within the camp and Wayne Rooney as a great motivator.
4. Swansea City are refusing to give up in their bid to sign up Marcelo Bielsa as the club’s new boss – initially put off by the Argentinian’s financial demands, the Welsh club are confident that a deal can still be thrashed out.
5. No Neymar? No Messi? No problem, as Luis Suarez single-handedly decimated Guangzhou Evergrande, scoring a hat-trick on the way to helping Barcelona clinch their place in the Club World Cup Final with a 3-0 win.
6. Wasting no time at all to capitalise on Mourinho’s misfortune, check out some of the best memes and tweets regarding the sacking, collected by The Independent.
7. Russian President Vladimir Putin was mocked somewhat on social media after these comments regarding FIFA President Sepp Blatter (The Guardian).
8. Star Wars fever is still infecting the football world, as one outlet came up with this epic Star Wars XI (ESPN).
9. It wasn’t all straight forward for one of Barcelona’s stars in the Club World Cup earlier; despite having an excellent game, one of the club’s midfielders was mocked for his new haircut (The Daily Mirror).
10. Fans of he two Manchester clubs have been firing shots at each other recently over their respective European successes – here’s one United fan’s attempt to troll their cross-city rivals (The Metro).