1) Chelsea appear to have chosen the man they think can lead them back into the top half of the Premier League, as Guus Hiddink has flown into London for talks with the club.
2) Sepp Blatter has put his defence forward against his suspension claiming that he did not breach the code of ethics at FIFA.
3) Romelu Lukaku has suggested that Everton’s main aim this season is to break into the top four.
4) Brian McDermott has rejoined Reading FC as their manager on a two-and-a-half-year deal.
5) Luton Town have sacked manager John Still as they attempt to keep themselves in the football league.
6) In light of the sacking of Jose Mourinho the BBC have shown how ‘The Special One’ dominated social media throughout this season (The BBC).
7) It turns out that Jose Mourinho was sacked less than 10 minutes after eating Christmas lunch with the team (The Daily Mail).
8) A Manchester City fan has had a laugh with a prank call that was made to the Manchester United ticket office (The Daily Mirror).
9) A youngster from Manchester United has made club history… by having the longest name of any player to play for the club (The Metro).
10) Spurs winger Andros Townsend has a soft spot for other sports as he tweeted his joy at the return of the darts (Twitter).
By Julian Myles