The Offside Daily: Klopp completes first Liverpool signing, Chelsea tribunal begins & Arsenal man finds a new club
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has completed his first signing for the club, after it was announced that Marko Grujic has completed a £5.1m move to the club from Red Star Belgrade – however, the young midfielder will return to the club on loan for the remainder of the season.
2. Former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro has appeared at a tribunal hearing as she continues her wrongful dismissal case against the Stamford Bridge club.
3. Nigerian football official Ibrahim Abubakar has been shot dead by armed robbers at his house in Abuja. He was head of protocol for the Nigerian FA.
4. FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali of Jordan has stated it would be a ‘catastrophe’ for world football if he wasn’t elected as Sepp Blatter’s successor. The 40-year-old believes he is the only candidate able to restore the organisation’s reputation.
5. Manchester City and England’s Steph Houghton says the Women’s Super League needs to continue to progress and become the best it has ever been in order for the women’s game to grow in The United Kingdom.
6. A Northern Ireland fan who performed the Birdie Song at the side of the pitch during a match against Latvia has had his wings clipped in court (The BBC).
7. A Spanish journalist was recently spotted using a popular mobile dating app instead of reporting on a match between Athletico Madrid and Levante (Joe.co.uk).
8. Newcastle United fans have thrown a Magpies shirt into Jamie Vardy’s garden in an attempt to convince the Leicester striker to move to St James Park (The Daily Mail).
9. One top Premier League striker has admitted that part of his staggering rise to prominence was motivated by the opportunity to improve his stats as a player on Football Manager (ESPN).
10. Arsenal’s Callum Chambers has been linked to new club, but don’t worry Gunners fans, it’s a golf club. Watch the defender show of his skills at a driving range (The Daily Mirror).
Leave a Reply