Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Liverpool have confirmed Brazilian international Philippe Coutinho will miss the club’s remaining January fixtures after he injured a hamstring in the first leg of the League Cup semi-final at Stoke.
2. Former Tottenham Hotspur and England international Jermaine Jenas has announced his retirement from football at the age of 32, having played his last game for QPR in 2014.
3. 1,000 Bolton Wanderers fans have formed a supporter’s trust in an attempt to help combat the clubs continuing financial issues which saw the players go unpaid for November.
4. Peterborough United chairman Darragh McAnthony says the emergence of players who made their name in the lower leagues such as Dele Ali and Jamie Vardy should serve as a wake-up call to clubs in the Premier League that they don’t need to look abroad for new signings.
5. Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has been fined £700 for speeding in Cambridgeshire. Foxes Italian manager admitted to the charge relating to the offense which occurred on 13th October.
6. Roberto Martinez has claimed that this central midfielder is one of the best English footballers of all time (Joe.co.uk).
7. EA Sports have announced that Lionel Messi won’t be on the cover of the next instalment of the their FIFA series of games, breaking his streak of being on the cover of the game’s last four editions (Dream Team FC).
8. Barcelona’s Luis Enrique has come up with this interesting excuse for the reported bust-up in the tunnel after the World Champions clashed with Espanyol in the Copa del Rey last night (Bleacher Report).
9. Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho has gained a cult following after his koala-loving exploits, it would seem (The Metro).
10. One Arsenal centre-back has given us an allusion to what his next career move might be if he ever gives up on football (The Daily Mirror).