Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Michel Platini has announced he will not stand in the FIFA presidential election. The former French international and current UEFA president is currently banned from all football-related activity for 8 years.
2. Rangers boss Mark Warburton has made his first attempt to lure some of the players he coached at Brentford in last season’s play-off push to join him at Ibrox, as midfielder Toumani Diagouraga has received some interest from the Glasgow club.
3. Chelsea duo Diego Costa and Oscar are alleged to have had a training ground bust-up, however the latter has taken to social media to deny the reports, adding that the pair are ‘best friends’ and that they ‘never fight’.
4. Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce says he wasn’t ‘having a go’ at Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp when he suggested the Anfield club’s current injury situation may be down to the pressing style favoured by the German.
5. State prosecutors in Paraguay have raided the headquarters of CONMEBOL, South America’s Football Confederation, saying that the move was part of US-led investigations into corruption at FIFA.
6. Wycombe Wanderers are set to name their 46 year old goalkeeping coach on the bench for their FA Cup tie against Aston Villa (The BBC).
7. Gerard Houllier gave a hilarious team talk to a selection of Liverpool legends ahead of a game in Australia (The Daily Mirror).
8. Arsenal fans have come up with an interesting song for Per Mertesaker, complete with accompanying dance moves (ESPN).
9. David Moyes has come up with a very insightful analysis of how to win cup tournaments (Dream Team FC).
10. Check out this unbelievable training ground penalty from Ajax’s wonder kid Anwar El Ghazi (YouTube).