Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. FIFA have sacked the already suspended Secretary General Jerome Valcke, as the corruption investigations into World Football’s governing body continues.
2. Former Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has left Inter Milan after cancelling his contract by mutual consent, with the 34-year-old Serb thought to favour a move to the MLS.
3. Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has denied that star player Marko Arnautovic has demanded £100,000, amid reports that the Austrian striker turned down a new contract to stay at the club.
4. Aston Villa manager Remi Garde hopes his teams fortunes have reached a turning point after a ‘lucky’ 1-0 win over Crystal Palace ended a run of 19 games without a victory.
5. Louis van Gaal says his Manchester United side ‘could have scored six’ during their pulsating 3-3 draw against Newcastle at St James’ Park, admitting that he was disappointed with his team’s inability to close out the game.
6. Ipswich Town’s social media officer had a bit of a nightmare after missing Leeds United’s first-minute opening goal at Portman Road (Sports Illustrated).
7. Jermaine Pennant’s wife has made the former Liverpool winger look a bit daft after reminding everyone of the time Pennant forgot he owned a Porsche (The Daily Mirror).
8. Republic Of Ireland international Paul McShane fully embraced yesterday’s ‘Kiss A Ginger Day’ (Joe.co.uk).
9. A Canadian teenager has been banned from playing FIFA 16 after spending £6,000 on in-game purchases (The Video Gamer).
10. As if there wouldn’t be enough pressure on you as a new defender signing for Liverpool, it turns out Bookmakers are taking bets regarding the possibility of Steven Caulker pulling his hamstring on his Liverpool debut (The Metro).
By Chris Horricks.