Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Real Madrid and their cross-city rivals Atletico Madrid have been banned from signing new players until the summer of 2017, after the duo breached FIFA rules regarding the signing of players under the age of 18.
2. Baroness Sue Campbell has been appointed as The FA’s new head of Women’s Football, an appointment the Association have hailed as a ‘massive statement’ of their commitment to female footballers.
3. Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce described his side’s 4-2 win over Swansea as three ‘enormous, enormous, enormous’ points in their battle to stay up, as Jermain Defoe proved to be the difference after scoring a hat-trick.
4. Paris St Germain coach Lauren Blanc has said he will allow Edinson Cavani to leave the club, as the in-demand striker’s behaviour has become ‘a problem’.
5. Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has leapt to the defence of under-fire goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, after the custodians latest uncertain showing came in the club’s 3-3 draw with Arsenal.
6. Spurs and England wonderkid Dele Alli has been rendered in an animation video by artist Richard Swarbrick (Bleacher Report).
7. Gary Lineker has divided opinion after making a rather crude joke on Match of the Day last night! (Who Ate All The Pies)
8. Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud missed an open goal immediately after scoring at Anfield last night, and Gunners fans on social media could not contain themselves (The Daily Mirror).
9. Toulouse are clearly desperate to get fans through the turnstiles for their big cup clash this weekend, as they wrote a letter to the city’s employers to get their fans time off work to make the game (Sky Sports).
10. Leeds United didnt have kit big enough for their manager Steve Evans, so he had to sew the club’s emblem onto his own clothes (The Metro).