The Offside Daily: Former Premier League club avoid winding up orderas Everton star is on the verge of Norwich move
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Louis Van Gaal insists his Manchester United team can still win the Premier League title after a less than convincing 1-0 win over Liverpool at Anfield saw The Red Devils’ gap to leaders Arsenal and Leicester reduced to just seven points.
2. Everton striker Steven Naismith is on the verge of a move to Norwich City after the Toffees and Canaries agreed a fee of £8.5m for the Scottish international.
3. Cristiano Ronaldo says he and his Real Madrid team mates have a stronger relationship with new coach Zinedine Zidane as they can empathise with the Frenchman more than they did with Rafael Benitez.
4. Brentford’s promotion push has been dealt a double blow as defender James Tarkowski refused to play in Friday’s televised game against Burnley, and the midfielder Jota joined Spanish club Eibar on an 18 month loan deal for personal reasons.
5. Bolton Wanderers went to the High Court today and successfully avoided being wound up over an unpaid tax bill.
6. Talk about the officials having a nightmare – this linesman got a bit muddled recently after giving the wrong signals to the referee on a number of occasions (Joe.co.uk).
7. Villa may be struggling, but Remi Garde needn’t worry as divine intervention appears to be on their side (101 Great Goals).
8. An incredible 15-match accumulator saw one seriously lucky 21-year-old gambler scoop £300,000 – well done that man (AOL).
9. Arsenal apparently take more selfies than any other squad in the Premier League. Surprisingly they’re not all taken by Olivier Giroud (The Daily Mirror).
10. Leicester City’s Christian Fuchs has unbelievable ten pin bowling tekkers (The Metro).
Leave a Reply