Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. A record 29 managers across the 92 professional clubs in England were sacked in the first half of the 2015/16 season, according to figures released by the League Managers Association.
2. After 17 consecutive league victories, Greek champions Olympiakos dropped a point following a 1-1 draw with Platianas. The club’s winning run, which stretches back to last May, means the club are 16 points clear at the top of the table.
3. Former Arsenal and Liverpool star Jermaine Pennant has completed a move to Singapore and will play for Tampines Rovers. League officials hope the former England international will help to boost attendances.
4. A newspaper reporter claims the Manchester United squad were ‘screaming and shouting’ so loudly at each other at half time during Sunday’s 1-0 win at Anfield that they could be heard in the Liverpool dressing room.
5. The Chairman of the Premier League’s surprise package, Leicester City’s Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, is to receive an honorary degree for his work in business, sport and promoting social causes.
6. Statistics released by UEFA prove fans of the Republic Of Ireland are among the best in the world (Joe.co.uk).
7. Galatasary’s Wesley Sneijder took advice on taking a throw-in from a fan, and gave him a thumbs up for doing so (The Metro).
8. Barcelona star Lionel Messi finally answered the old ‘Rainy night in Stoke’ question spectacularly (Who Ate All The Pies).
9. Welsh Premier League club Carmarthen Town’s club shop has to be seen to be believed. It’s a work of art! (Wales Online)
10. An Arsenal fan got married in full kit, including shin pads and sweat bands. Nothing else needs to be said (The Daily Mirror).