The Offside Daily: Manchester boss set to quit in the summer, as Lionel Messi makes plastic bag plea
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Newspaper reports suggest Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal could stand down as Old Trafford chief in the summer, a year before his contact expires.
2. West Ham are set to make an £18m bid for Liverpool striker Daniel Sturrage after recent reports suggested the England international is deemed surplus to requirements at Anfield.
3. Ashley Cole has joined a host of former premiership players in the MLS, as the former Arsenal and Chelsea defender Cole signed for LA Galaxy recently.
4. Aston Villa survived an FA Cup upset by seeing off League 2 Wycombe Wanderers with a 2-0 win at Villa Park. They now face Manchester City in the forth round.
5. Roberto Mancini has accused Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri of racist abuse. Former Manchester City boss Mancini, currently in charge of Inter Milan, made the accusation after a recent meeting between the sides.
6. When Mario Balotelli describes something you do as extreme, you’ve probably gone too far (The Daily Mirror).
7. Non League club Bognor Regis Town came up with a novel way of getting their cup replay with Altrincham played, using six cars to clear ice off the pitch (Dream Team FC).
8. Twice sacked Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was spotted looking less than impressed by shopping in Shanghai (The Daily Mail).
9. A child spotted wearing a plastic bag made into a Lionel Messi Argentina shirt has caused quite a stir online, with a campaign now on the go to identify the young fan and get him a top from his hero (Joe.co.uk).
10. Celtic scored 5 goals in 34 minutes during their record equaling 8-1 thrashing of poor Hamilton Academical (Who Ate All The Pies).
By Chris Horricks.
Leave a Reply