The Offside Daily: Former club have first refusal on Bale signing as West Ham forward leaves for Serie A
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. A leaked document shows that Tottenham Hotspur have first refusal on re-signing Gareth Bale if the Wales star leaves Real Madrid, with Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino naturally said to be interested in a move should Bale become unhappy in Spain.
2. Soccer Saturday host Jeff Stelling has tipped Sunderland, Aston Villa and Norwich City to be relegated from the Premier League, with the Hartlepool United fan also adding that Swansea City are in big trouble.
3. Liverpool are so keen to tie up a move for £24.6m Shakhtar Donetsk striker Alex Teixeira that chief executive Ian Ayre has flown to Florida, where the Ukrainian club are taking part in a post-season tournament, in an attempt to seal the deal.
4. Werder Bremen have signed Papy Djilobodji on loan from Chelsea for the rest of the season, with the Senegalese international finding first-team football hard to come by at Stamford Bridge.
5. Mauro Zarate has left West Ham United to join Serie A club Fiorentina, after the striker struggled for first team football at Upton Park, fuelling speculation that London club may look to make a move for Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge.
6. Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey had an eventful appearance on Sky 1’s sporting quiz show A League Of Their Own – a world record and a bit of Tottenham-bashing isn’t bad for a night’s work is it? (Who Ate All The Pies)
7. The Spanish legal system’s ongoing court case against Javier Mascherano has seemingly confused the world’s media (Joe.co.uk).
8. A West Ham transfer target has a novel way of hinting at a possible move to The Hammers (The Metro).
9. This is without doubt the angriest reaction to a red card ever (The Daily Mirror).
10. Adidas sent Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech’s new gloves to his former club Chelsea instead of the Gunners’ training ground … whoops (The Independent).
Leave a Reply