1. Up to 35 Italian lower league clubs are being investigated for match fixing after around £9m in winning bets were connected to unusual patterns.
2. Tottenham Hotspur may have to contend with the absence of Belgian international Jan Vertonghen for the rest of the season as the defender recovers from knee ligament damage.
3. Brentford’s James Tarkowski has issued a statement explaining his refusal to play in the match against Burnley, sighting concern for his mum who has been ill for a period of time.
4. West Bromwich Albion say they are not interested in signing Mario Balotelli from Liverpool amid rumours he hopes to end his loan at AC Milan in favour of playing in England.
5. Neil Warnock has emerged as a surprise candidate to take over the vacant Bristol City manager’s job, after Steve Cotterill left Ashton Gate.
6. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp isn’t keen on how his new glasses look (Joe.co.uk).
7. German side FC Cologne entertained fans with a brass band and marching mini soldiers as part of karneval celebrations (Who Ate All The Pies).
8. Guus Hiddink admits Chelsea tried to sabotage Petr Cech’s gloves but the former Stamford Bridge custodian foiled the plot (The Metro).
9 .Only football can bring about this kind of emotion. Witness the heart warming moment Guiseppe Rossi met a Levante fan after being unveiled as the Spanish club’s new signing (The Daily Mirror).
10. Hazel O’Sullivan, partner of new Newcastle United signing Andros Townsend, thought the Football Manager computer game was real (The Daily Mail).
By Chris Horricks.