Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he watched the crowd rather than the spot kicks during his team’s 6-5 penalty shoot out win over Stoke which secured their place in the League Cup final.
2. Peterborough United manager Graham Westley says his team need to show the same desire as Leonardo DiCaprio’s character in his latest film The Revenant, as well as branding their performance in losing to Burton Albion as ‘rubbish’.
3. Kevin Kelbie’s 119th minute goal saw Linlithgow Rose become the first junior league team to reach the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup with a 1-0 away win at Forfar.
4. Manchester United bosses are worried Ryan Giggs will end his 28-year association with the club if he is over-looked for the job of replacing Louis van Gaal.
5. Chelsea are considering a surprise move for Robin van Persie in a bid to solve their season long struggles in front of goal.
6. A new sponsorship deal for the Portugese second division has seen clubs forced into signing Chinese players regardless of their ability (Who Ate All The Pies).
7. 6,500 extra tickets have been made available for Republich of Ireland fans hoping to see their national team at this summer’s Euro 2016 finals (Joe.co.uk).
8. Shinji Kagawa 1 – 0 Group of 55 Japanese children. Former Manchester United winger takes on challenge as part of a TV show (The Daily Mirror).
9. Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe pours himself a drink of water by chipping a football at the tap (The Sun).
10. Former Bulgarian international Dimitar Berbatov interviews himself (The Metro).
By Chris Horricks.