1. Everton boss Roberto Martinez branded his side’s League Cup semi-final defeat to Manchester City as ‘hurtful’ and ‘unfair’, with replays have shown Raheem Sterling assist for City’s second goal shouldn’t have stood as the ball had gone out of play.
2. A study by the BBC has found that Liverpool striker Daniel Sturrage has spent 614 days injured since arriving at Anfield in 2013.
3. Chelsea may make a move to bring Stoke City manager Mark Hughes to Stamford Bridge as their permanent boss for next season.
4. Aston Villa fans have hit back at Peter Grant after the former assistant manager branded them as ‘delusional’ in a recent interview.
5. Harry Redknapp believes Manchester United’s current squad would still be 5th or 6th, even if Sir Alex Ferguson was still the manager.
6. Social media reacted as only it can when Sir Alex Ferguson was spotted in the crowd at The Etihad Stadium for last night’s clash between Manchester City and Everton (The Daily Mirror).
7. Ajax upgraded travelling Heracles fans to seats in a VIP box after only 15 of them turned up (Who Ate All The Pies).
8. Juan Mata took on the Manchester United Foundation deaf team in a bin based challenge and was soundly beaten (Bleacher Report).
9. Brentford give fans opportunity to buy tickets to watch their ‘sister club’ in the Europa League at Old Trafford (Twitter).
10. A Barcelona fan has Lionel Messi’s autograph tattooed on his back (The Daily Mail).
By Chris Horricks.