Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Former Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic has announced his retirement from professional football – the Serb won five Premier League titles in England and a Champions League medal in 2008.
2. Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust has launched its own bid to take over the cash-strapped Championship club, with the former Premier League club facing a winding up order.
3. Gary Cahill may be set for a move to Roma as he is said to be worried about losing his place in Roy Hodgson’s Euro 2016 England squad due to Chelsea’s stuttering form.
4. Barcelona and Brazil star Neymar has said he would ‘love’ to play in a team managed by Pep Guardiola, who is set to leave Bayern Munich for a job Premier League.
5. Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce says he has no fewer than 60 names on his list of transfer window targets.
6. Reece Oxford’s loan move from West Ham to Charlton has fallen through as Addicks boss Jose Riga doesn’t know who he is (The Telegraph).
7. Ajax laid on a personal taxi service for an 80-year-old fan after an SOS via Twitter (Who Ate All The Pies).
8. This Costa Rican player lost the plot, and ended up throwing his boot at a member of the other team (The Daily Mirror).
9. Out-of-favour Aston Villa striker Charles N’Zogbia invited a fan who insulted him out for dinner (SB Nation).
10. Former Wales international Robert Earnshaw penned an emotional letter to fans to announce his retirement (Wales Online).
By Chris Horricks.