Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Manchester City announced perhaps the most spectacular deadline day move in the history of the January Transfer Window as they confirmed Manuel Pellegrini would be leaving the club in the summer, with Pep Guardiola confirmed to be taking his place.
2. John Terry has confirmed he will be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season. The England international says he could never play for another club in the Premiership so a move to the MLS is likely.
3. West Bromwich Albion insist Saido Berahino will not be leaving the Hawthorns on deadline day amidst intense speculation regarding a last-gasp move to Newcastle United
4. James Tarkowski is on the verge of a move to Burnley after the Lancashire club agreed terms with Brentford for the defender which could see the Griffin Park club net over £6m.
5. Cardiff City have found a neat way around their transfer embargo, preventing them from spending on any new signings, by acquiring Tom Lawrence and Kenneth Zohore on loan.
6. Sky Sports News star Natalie Sawyer says she would ‘cost an absolute fortune’ but would be ‘worth it’ if she was a professional footballer (Twitter).
7. An Ecuadorian referee asked Brazilian World Cup winner Ronaldinho to sign his yellow card during a recent game (Who Ate All The Pies).
8. A Chelsea fan, who said he wouldn’t tweet until Eden Hazard scored a goal, kept his word and returned to the social media site after three months when he found the net against MK Dons (The Metro).
9. Jamie Carragher’s son arguably has more skill than his dad. Watch as he does keepy uppies at The San Siro (The Daily Mirror).
10. As fans go crazy with positivity on one side of Manchester about their managerial appointment, fans on the other side are forcing their boss’ club to take extra security measures apparently – apparently beating Derby 3-1 doesn’t change fans’ feelings towards Louis van Gaal (Joe.co.uk).