1. Pep Guardiola’s father says the fact his son is an ‘unassuming man’ but is transformed when football is involved is a key ingredient to making him a top coach.
2. Stoke City striker Peter Odemwingie says Manchester United ‘lack names and inspiration’, adding that opposing players no longer fear playing at Old Trafford.
3. Jurgen Klopp has asked Liverpool fans to trust the Anfield board despite missing out on signing Alex Teixiera from Shakhtar Donetsk.
4. Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola says he hopes his connections to Qatari club Al Arabi will help persuade John Terry to join them instead of a move to the MLS or China.
5. Southampton coach Ronald Koeman says Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez returning from injury is key to the Gunners hopes of winning the Premier League title ahead of the sides meeting tonight.
6. Check out this footage of Kasper Schmeichel, Tom Ince and Alex Bruce all playing at Old Trafford 20 years ago – how many of them can get into the current Old Trafford team? (The Daily Mirror)
7. Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo had 30 touches of the ball during his time at Ajax, and Opta have produced a map of them all (Who Ate All The Pies).
8. An Italian reporter was harassed by a fan with an inflatable banana on live TV during transfer deadline day coverage (The New York Post).
9. Heathrow Airport trolled Chelsea by photo shopping an image to show all of the expected departures from Stamford Bridge, including captain John Terry (The Metro).
10. Its safe to say Noel and Liam Gallagher are rather pleased with Manchester City’s new manager (Joe.co.uk).
By Chris Horricks.