Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger conceded his team ‘are playing catch up’ in the race for the Premier League title after being held to a 0-0 draw at home to Southampton.
2. Chelsea are set to unload Radamel Falcao despite the transfer window closing – the striker who has hardly featured is being targeted by Chinese club Jiangsu Suning.
3. West Ham chairman David Gold says he would have tried to sign Charlie Austin from QPR before his move to Southampton, if he’d have known the striker was available for £4m.
4. Liverpool’s £22m bid for Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi was turned down on deadline day because the Italian club didn’t have time to find a replacement.
5. Leeds United are looking to bring out-of-favour Northern Irish international Kyle Lafferty in to Elland Road on an emergency loan deal.
6. Nobody wants Olivier Giroud to score against Barcelona now that Piers Morgan has said he will streak around The Emirates if it happens (The Daily Mirror).
7. BBC Leicester commentator reacts brilliantly to Jamie Vardy’s first goal against Liverpool (Who Ate All The Pies).
8. Morecambe keeper Barry Roche admits he didn’t know how to celebrate scoring his first ever goal, a stoppage time equaliser (The Visitor).
9. Mario Balotelli took to social media to declare his love for his birthplace of Palermo, but attached a picture of the wrong town (ESPN).
10. Hollywood A list actress Naomi Watts becomes honorary president of a Welsh non-league football club on Angelsey (BBC News).
By Chris Horricks.