1. John Terry says there has been ‘no communication’ from the Chelsea board about a new contract for the long serving England international at Stamford Bridge.
2. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is set to return to Anfield having discharged himself from hospital after undergoing an appendicitis operation.
3. Claudio Ranieri says he is ‘enjoying’ guiding Leicester to the top of the Premier League table at the expense of other teams who have ‘spent a lot of money to win the title and Champions League’.
4. Steve McClaren hopes Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tioti will stay at St James Park, despite offers of big money moves to China or the United Arab Emirates.
5. Arsenal have opened contract negotiations with Alexis Sanchez over a new five-year-deal which could see the Chilean international star net a cool £51.1m.
6. Maya Yoshida suggests his Southampton teammate Victor Wanyama should buy the squad Krispy Kreme donuts to apologize for getting sent off against West Ham (Who Ate All The Pies).
7. Zut Allor! Marseille fans mistakenly threw eggs and other objects at a bus full of tourists thinking it was the Paris St. Germain team coach (The Huffington Post).
8. Napoli fans wore masks of Kalidou Koulibaly as a sign of their support for the player who was racially abused during their last match (The Guardian).
9. One Southend fan offered a whole stand of Colchester fans out for a fight during the Essex derby between the teams (Echo News).
10. Ajax fans lynched an effigy of Feyenoord keeper Keneth Vermeer during the weekend Eredivisie game (The Daily Mirror).
By Chris Horricks.