The Offside Daily: Southampton keeper among the best in Europe, as Old Trafford star buys unusual Valentine’s gift
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is fuming at the FA for their decision to allow referee Mark Clattenburg to officiate both games between his team and Tottenham Hotspur, as both ended in defeat for The Citizens.
2. Chelsea star Willian claims they are in better shape to face Paris St Germain in their Champions League tie following a recent turn in fortunes – the Brazilian said ‘we have more confidence to go there and play’.
3. Southampton’s Oriol Romeu claims Saints keeper Fraser Forster is amongst the best in Europe, as the English international has gone 633 minutes without conceding a goal.
4. Sunderland’s survival in their battle against relegation is in their own hands, according to defender John O’Shea who stated ‘we are still in the relegation zone but we are a lot closer’.
5. A newspaper report claims José Mourinho could be named as Louis Van Gaal’s replacement in the Old Trafford dugout before the game against Arsenal on February 28th.
6. Joleon Lescott blaimed his trouser pocket for tweeting a picture of his £125k sports car following his teams 6-0 home defeat to Liverpool (The Telegraph).
7. Memphis Depay marked Valentine’s Day by wearing a coat with a large photo of his girlfriend on it (The Metro).
8. Manchester United are to rename the South Stand at Old Trafford in honour of World Cup winner and club legend Sir Bobby Charlton (Sky Sports).
9. Edinson Cavani walked into a television camera during a 0-0 draw in a televised game against Lille (Who Ate All The Pies).
10. Who said romance is dead? Dutch club RKC Waalwijk replaced children with lingerie models as mascots for their Valentines weekend game (The Daily Mirror).
Leave a Reply