Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Cristiano Ronaldo walked out of Real Madrid’s pre-match press conference after being questioned by a journalist about his lack of goals in away games. He last scored a goal anywhere other than the Bernabeu on the 29th November – there have only been four away games for Real Madrid since then.
2. Lokomotiv Moscow midfielder Dmitri Tarasov angered Turkish fans by unveiling a vest with a picture of Russian president Vladimir Putin after a match against Fenerbache.
3. Wayne Rooney has been suffered a knee injury ahead of Manchester United’s squad for the first leg of their Europa League tie against Danish champions FC Midtylland that could keep the England captain out for two months.
4. A decision about the takeover of Bolton Wanderers could be made before their next home game in the Championship against QPR on Saturday, a number of groups are said to be considering bids.
5. Bournemouth’s Benik Afobe has credited Robin Van Persie as an influence on his career after the pair trained together when Afobe was in the youth team at Arsenal
6. Southern League team Bashley won their first point of the season after 27 games with a 0-0 draw (BBC).
7. The goalposts were blown off the pitch by high winds in a friendly between Rubin Kazan and Amkar (The Metro).
8. Could this be the worst miss of the century? PEC Zwolle defender Kingsley Ehizibue misses an open goal from one inch away (The Daily Mirror).
9. Danny Welbeck’s stoppage time winner for Arsenal against Leicester left one fan in hospital with a hernia after celebrating the goal too enthusiastically (Who Ate All The Pies).
10. Liverpool’s Europa League opponents FC Augsburg have produced a German-to-Scouse phrase book (Joe.co.uk).
By Chris Horricks.