1. Jose Mourinho has turned down job offers from clubs in Italy and China as he waits for the Manchester United job to become available, amidst continuing reports about Louis Van Gaal’s future at Old Trafford.
2. Robert Pires has rejected claims by Danny Mills that the Frenchman and his compatriot Thierry Henry were ‘disrespectful’ to Manchester City when they attempted the infamous ‘tap penalty’ in a Highbury match between the two sides.
3. Paris St Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has refused to rule out a move to the Premier League when his current contract expires, with the Sweden star adding: ‘Let’s just say I’m in shape.’
4. Roy Keane has blasted the attitude of Chelsea’s Eden Hazard and branded the Belgian a ‘spoilt child’ and also saying he would ‘kick him up and down the training pitch’.
5. Lionel Messi became the first player in history to score 300 goals in La Liga when the Catalan giants won 3-1 at Sporting Gijon.
6. Bolvian club The Strongest ended a 34-year wait for their first win in the Copa Libatedores (Goal.com).
7. Scotland international Steven Fletcher sang the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air theme as part of his initiation after signing for Marseille (The Daily Mail).
8. Manchester United’s club shop has started selling t-shirts that appear to mock the team’s on-field performances, baring the slogan ‘duty to entertain’ (The Daily Mirror).
9. Andy Gray smugly attempted to translate David Luiz’s interview into French, until Graeme Souness pointed out the former Chelsea man was speaking Portuguese (Who Ate All The Pies).
10. Check out these 17 things that fans who grew up in the 90’s will fondly remember (Joe.co.uk).
By Chris Horricks.