Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Arsene Wenger believes winning the FA Cup in 2014 may have saved his job as Arsenal manager, given that it ended a decade-long run without winning a trophy.
2. A BBC investigation alleges that part of a loan to League Two leaders Northampton Town was used to fund unrelated building projects, with a criminal hearing claimed to be a possibility.
3. Sheffield United have suspended striker Jose Baxter for the second time in nine months, with Bramall Lane officials yet to clarify the reasons for the forward’s caution.
4. Tony Pulis accused Everton boss Roberto Martinez of ‘sour grapes’ for his part in an altercation following West Brom’s win over the Toffees last weekend.
5. Louis Van Gaal says Manchester United’s 2-1 loss to Danish champions FC Midtylland in the first leg of their Europa League tie was down to ‘bad luck’, with David De Gea picking up an injury in the warm-up.
6. Manchester United’s Nick Powell forgot to watch his team mates Europa League defeat because he was playing computer games instead (Manchester Evening News).
7. Yes, this is really former Columbia and Newcastle striker Faustino Aspriilla dressed as a pink T-Rex whilst also riding a horse who he is trying to teach it to play football (Joe.co.uk).
8. Jurgen Klopp was presented with a pretzel during the post-match press conference following Liverpool’s 0-0 draw against Augsburg (Who Ate All The Pies).
9. German club Shalke’s Dennis Aogo had his hand luggage stolen whilst he gave an interview at an airport (The Metro).
10. Valencia fans seem to be warming to Gary Neville as they have even started singing about him and his assistant manager, brother Phil (The Daily Mirror).
By Chris Horricks.