Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Lawyers representing Prince Ali bin al Hussein say their client wants the FIFA presidential election, scheduled for Friday, to be delayed due to displeasure with arrangements
2. Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu says that the Premier League is a bigger threat to his club winning the Champions League than La Liga rivals Real Madrid, due to the new television rights deal.
3. Former Scotland and Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish is set to be named as the new manager of Egyptian premiership club Zamalek, taking over from former Spurs striker Mido who was sacked two weeks ago.
4. Despite being linked with a move to Paris St Germain, Chelsea’s Belgian international Eden Hazard has said he would only leave Stamford Bridge for a move to Real Madrid.
5. Spurs striker Son Heung Min says that losing to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup could help them in their challenge to win the Europa League and Premier League, as some of the players are ‘tired’.
6. Aston Villa’s season went from bad to worse when the first team managed to lose to their own under-21 side in a behind-closed-doors friendly (Who Ate All The Pies).
7. There have been some pretty rubbish football songs over the years, but these Arsenal fans have outdone themselves here (The Metro).
8. 69% of fans surveyed said they had no confidence in any of the five proposed candidates to succeed Sepp Blatter as FIFA president (Bolton News).
9. Mexican team Cruz Azul scored a stoppage time equaliser in their biggest game of the season, and their manager was sent off for celebrating it (The Daily Mirror).
10. Louis Van Gaal admits Juan Mata’s free kick against Shrewsbury was stolen from Danish Europa League opponents FC Midtjylland (Goal.com).
By Chris Horricks.