Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Jose Mourinho says he isn’t fazed by the rumours regarding his future, adding that he will happily go back to work as soon as possible if needed, but is willing to wait until the summer.
2. Arsene Wenger claims Barcelona are ‘95% through’ after their 2-0 win over Arsenal in the first leg of their Champions League tie at the Emirates Stadium.
3. Real Madrid are said to be thinking of selling Gareth Bale because of his poor injury record. Welsh international Bale has featured in less than half of the Spanish giants’ matches this season because of persistent problems.
4. Germany manager Oliver Bierhoff has criticised Louis van Gaal for his lack of support for midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, who is currently side-lined with an ankle injury.
5. Harry Kane will miss Tottenham’s Europa League against Fiorentina due to an injury sustained in their FA Cup defeat to Crystal Palace, but the striker should be back for their next league game.
6. The Romford Pele’s Autobiography: The front page of Ray Parlour’s book is a work of Tim Lovejoy-bashing art (Who Ate All The Pies).
7. Olympic medallist and Arsenal fan Kelly Sotherton was so frustrated during the Gunners 2-0 defeat to Barcelona that she smashed her television (The Telegraph).
8. A Leicester City fan has launched an audacious bid to get his new-born daughter named after Foxes striker Jamie Vardy (The Sun).
9. Gary Neville has begun to win some of his critics in Spain round after a shaky start to his reign as Valencia boss, it seems the Granda coach isn’t one of them (The Metro).
10. Like father like Gudjohnsen, Eidur’s 12 year old Daniel scored a goal for Barcelona very similar to one scored by his dad (The Daily Mirror).