1. Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho has been suspended for 30 days as disciplinary action by UEFA relating to a failed drugs test following the Europa League clash with Manchester United begins. Sahko has decided not to challenge the result.
2. Tottenham’s Dele Alli faces missing the rest of the season as he has been found guilty of violent conduct after punching West Brom defender Claudio Jacob in the recent televised game at White Heart Lane.
3. Paul Lambert has activated a clause in his contract enabling him to leave his role as Blackburn Rovers manager after the club’s last game of the season against Reading. Former Norwich boss Lambert won 10 of 31 games during his spell at Ewood Park.
4. Mark Clattenburg has been named as the referee to take charge of the FA Cup final between Manchester United and Crystal Palace. His Wembley appointment comes the day after he officiated the Champions League semi-final between Atlético Madrid and Bayern Munich.
5. The game between IFK Gothenburg and Malmo was abandoned after a firework exploded under the feet of Malmo substitute, and former Gothenburg player, Tobias Sana. Sana then reacted by throwing a corner flag at home fans.
6. We all know the Premier League is big time but this is ridiculous. Look at the size of the board that will be used to indicate additional minutes and substitutions from next season (The Metro).
7. Jurgen Klopp continues to be a breath of fresh air for English football. This time, he accidentally trolled a translator as he gave such a long answer to a question. To his eternal credit, the Liverpool manager found the whole situation hilarious (The Mirror).
8. Robbie Keane may hold many records and have had a long and successful football career for both club and country, but even he got star struck by meeting Pele (JOE.ie ).
9. Oh, ye of little faith. A Leicester fan had a bet on them winning the league but cashed out after the first day of the season for winnings of 95p. If he had kept the wager going he would be on the verge of winning £2,500 from his 50p stake (NewsTalk).
10. They think it’s all Rover…Look how happy the dog that invaded the pitch during a Copa Libertadores match between Deportivo Tachira and Pumas is (NationlPost).
by Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)