Pochettino to stay at Tottenham until 2021, Chelsea star linked with big money move to China, and Piers Morgan has a breakdown over Arsenal
1. Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino says he plans to sign an extension to his current contract to remain in the White Heart Lane hot seat until 2021, despite continuing rumours linking him to a summer move to Old Trafford.
2. Harry Redknapp is to join Australian A-League club Central Coast Mariners as a consultant. He is also currently working as an advisor at Championship playoff contenders Derby County. His latest appointment follows a two game stint in charge of the Jordanian national team.
3. Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says his team ‘will throw everything’ at Villarreal in the second leg of their Europa League tie, following a 1-0 defeat to a stoppage time strike in the first leg.
4. Chelsea’s Brazilian international, Willian, is the subject of a £50m bid from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande, who are coached by former Brazil World Cup winning supremo Luiz Filipe Scolari. The Chinese club say they are willing to double the £120,000 a week he currently earns at Stamford Bridge.
5. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set to reject a big money move to Manchester United in the summer, with the Gabon striker, currently starring for Borussia Dortmund, instead favouring a move to Real Madrid.
6. Braintree Town are on the verge of securing a place in the National League playoffs and they are managed by a former PE teacher (BBC Sport).
7. You’d have thought working with Susanna Reid would have mellowed Arsenal fan Piers Morgan, but apparently not. Far from it; he’s had a spectacular online meltdown over the Gunners coming up short in the title race (Mirror).
8. Leicester is celebrating the city’s football team being on the brink of winning the Premier League in many wonderful ways, including the ‘Cardy for Vardy’ campaign with fans donning knit wear in honour of the club’s striker (SkySports).
9. Foxes star Riyad Mahrez has revealed how he ran away from a trial with Scottish club St Mirren because the weather was too cold (WhoAteAllThePies).
10. And they call it puppy love…Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez has posted a bizarre video displaying his affection for his pet dogs (Metro).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)
Leave a Reply