Vardy scoops Writers Player of the Year gong, Teenage German striker killed in car crash tragedy, and Steve Bruce surprises reporter at Old Trafford
1. Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has been named as The Football Writers Association player of the year. The England international gained 36% of the vote, ahead of Foxes team mates Riyad Mahrez and N’Golo Kante.
2. Teenage Hannover striker Niklas Feierabend has been killed in a tragic car crash after the vehicle in which he was a passenger ploughed into a tree early on Sunday morning.
3. The FA is to investigate the conduct of Aston Villa’s Jordan Ayew after it is alleged he climbed over advertisement boards to confront travelling fans following his side’s 3-2 defeat at Watford.
4. Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino has claimed his team will ‘be very motivated’ ahead of their trip to play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Spurs need to win the match in order to keep their faint hopes of pipping Leicester to the title alive.
5. Arsene Wenger says he expected protests from Arsenal fans who feel he has outstayed his welcome as the clubs manager to be much worse than they were. He said he thought the stadium would be ‘white with posters’.
6. Claudio Ranieri is on the verge of making history as he edges ever closer to being the first manager to guide Leicester City to the title of Champions of England, so naturally he wrote a letter about the Muppet Show (The Mirror).
7. Some fans accuse referees of not knowing the rules, and it seems Andre Mariner forgot the one about scorers of hat-tricks keeping the match ball as he attempted to take it off Southampton’s Sadio Mane (The Metro).
8. MLS side New York Red Bulls score the most elaborate free kick it’s possible to score (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. No wonder some Manchester United fans aren’t impressed with Louis Van Gaal’s managerial style. It seems he’s a little preoccupied with other things, including hair pulling and love making (BBC Sport).
10. Three minutes and six seconds into this video shows Steve Bruce at Old Trafford on Sunday, and he took one reporter by surprise as she spoke to Leicester Fans (YouTube).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)
Leave a Reply