Mata and Costa dropped from Spain’s Euro squad, Former FA chief leaves Villa after 2 months, and the world’s worst groundsmen found in Norway
1. Chelsea’s Diego Costa and Manchester United’s Juan Mata have been left out of Spain’s squad for Euro 2016. The omissions are a reflection on the below par displays the pair have given at times in the Premier League this season.
2. Pundit and former England international Alan Shearer has stated that he thinks Wayne Rooney is no longer the national team’s leading striker. The Manchester United striker has been moved to a deeper roll in favour of Jamie Vardy and Harry Kane in recent friendlies.
3. Former Football Association executive Adrian Bevington has left his advisory role at relegated Aston Villa after less than two months in the position.
4. John Terry has given a hint that he may be set to extend his time at Chelsea following a decision to scrap plans to hire the Stamford Bridge pitch for a farewell party that had been previously scheduled by the player.
5. Championship strugglers Fulham have had their transfer embargo lifted. They were hit with the ban for failing to comply with Financial Fair Play rules but are now able to buy and sell players freely again.
6. These are without a doubt the world groundsmen ever! Norwegian 7th division club Julebygda’s pitch now boasts wavy lines and penalty spots that are at different distances from the goals..! (Mirror).
7. Gerard Piqué mocked Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal celebration during the open top bus parade to mark Barcelona’s La Liga title win, and team mates including Lionel Messi found it hilarious (Metro).
8. Liverpool fans accidentally paint a massive Mamadou Sakho slogan onto patio whilst making a banner for the upcoming Europa League Final (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. Wigan Athletic have given a fan a free season ticket for coming up with a popular song for striker Will Grigg, even though it was copied from fans of another club (Independent).
10. A website has come up with a list of 15 things for fans to do now the Premier League season has finished, forgetting that there is still one game to be played and that the play-offs are ongoing (Joe.ie ).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)
Leave a Reply