Terry signs new Chelsea deal, United condemned to Europa League, and 13 devilishly handsome footballers for your enjoyment
1. Manchester United will play in the Europa League next season after falling short of the 19 goal victory over Bournemouth which would have seen them leapfrog neighbours Manchester City into the Champions League qualification positions.
2. John Terry has signed a new one-year contract to extend the former England captain’s career at Chelsea. He had previously been expected to move to MLS, but a new deal has been completed.
3. Jürgen Klopp has claimed his squad can become ‘Liverpool legends’ by beating Spanish club Sevilla in the Europa League Final to be played in Basel, Switzerland, this evening.
4. Niall Quinn believes even winning the FA Cup Final may not be enough to keep Louis van Gaal in his job as Manchester United manager beyond the end of the season.
5. A deal that will see Randy Lerner leave his position as owner of relegated Aston Villa could be completed by the end of the week, according to reports.
6. Jay-Jay Okocha, so good they named him twice, scored a sensational goal in a Bolton Wanderers legends charity match (ESPN).
7. Kelvin Davis’s 11-year-old son beat him with a spectacular penalty during the keeper’s testimonial match at Southampton. Take a bow erm.. son! (WhoAteAllThePies).
8. For reasons best known to someone else, three young Manchester United fans were painted blue as part of a promotional stunt for the new X-Men film (Metro).
9. Watch with awe as this linesman in a Polish league game shows the players up with some unbelievable keepie-uppies (Mirror).
10. Now here is an interesting one… A website has compiled a list of what it claims are the most devilishly handsome footballers in the world (Joe.ie).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)
Leave a Reply