1. Liverpool will not play European football next season after losing 3-1 to Sevilla in the Europa League final, despite taking a first-half lead through a Daniel Sturridge goal. Finishing eighth in the Premier League means the Anfield club needed to win to be in next season’s Champions League.
2. Eintracht Frankfurt captain Marco Russ has been diagnosed with a tumour after a random drug test found a higher level of a growth hormone in his system, caused by the tumour.
3. Chinese businessman Tony Xia has completed a £60m takeover of Aston Villa. Roberto Di Matteo is amongst the favourites to succeed Remi Garde as permanent manager of the relegated club.
4. According to reports, Southampton boss Ronald Koeman would only leave St Mary’s if the opportunity to manage an elite European or Premier League club became available.
5. Brazilian international Neymar is set to sign a new contract to extend his stay at Barcelona and end the constant rumours that he is to join Manchester United this summer.
6. Former Arsenal striker Gervinho scored a sensational goal which will dumbfound Gooners fans and have them thinking about what might have been… (AS.com).
7. Prepare to be amazed as you witness the incredible skill of this Irish amputee footballer, putting able-bodied counterparts to shame (Joe.ie ).
8. A website is claiming this goal from a 1997 match between Norwich and Sheffield United is the scrappiest ever scored. We think that’s a bit harsh, but it is entertaining and must have had fans on edge (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. Michael Owen is Liverpool to the core and he has shown it on live TV to the bemusement of the footballing world. We’re not sure Liverpool are still at the level he claims they are, though… (Metro).
10. …and while we’re on Liverpool, here is the moment some of their fans got a bit carried away about seeing former captain Sami Hyypia (Mirror).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)